What's on this summer?
Summertime in Manchester may be unpredictable weather-wise but one thing is for certain, we've got you covered with plenty of low-cost and free fun activities, food, and events!
Schools out for summer! We’re here to help, with plenty of ideas for all the family to enjoy.
The summer holidays have arrived and with the cost of living on everyone’s minds, we wanted to share some exciting free events taking place this summer. We've included lots of ideas for free and low-cost activities and places for your family to eat this summer.
During July and August, we will be taking part in a number of important events in our communities including Manchester Caribbean Carnival and Manchester Pride Parade.
Clinton Green Community Fun Day
1 September 2023
Come along and join us for a FREE family-friendly event at Clinton Green. We have fun for everyone to enjoy including:
- An inflatable assault course and bouncy castle
- An ice cream van
- Face painting
- Giant games of Jenga and Connect 4
- Arts and crafts
- Sports on the Multi-use Games Area
- Information stalls and more!
When? Friday 1 September
What time? 12pm - 3pm
Where? Clinton Green, Clinton Avenue, Fallowfield, M14 7LW
No booking is necessary, just gather your friends and family and come along. We look forward to seeing you there!
Got any questions? Submit our contact us form here: Contact us | One Manchester
Free or low cost places to eat
We know that times are tough at the moment and school holidays can be expensive, so here is a list of places providing free, or low-cost, kid's food options, to help you save money where you can and make the most of the summer with your children:
- ASDA - Kids eat for £1 all day, every day at Asda cafes, with no adult spend required.
- Tesco - Kids eat free with a purchase of 60p, or more, from Mon 24th July - Fri 1st September 2023.
- Morrisons - spend £4.49 and get one free kids' meal all day, every day. Free Crumpets also available.
- Gordon Ramsey restaurants - Kids under 8 eat free all day, every day at selected Gordon Ramsay restaurants.
- Sainsburys cafes - Kids eat for £1 with the purchase of an adult hot main. From 11:30am every day.
- Preto - Kids up to age 10 eat free all day, every day with paying adults at Preto in Half Terms.
- Beefeater & brewers fare - Two children under 16 can get a free breakfast every day with one paying adult.
- Bill’s - Two kids eat free Monday - Friday from Monday 24th July - Friday 1st Sept 2023.
- The Real Greek - Kids under 12 eat free every Sunday for every £10 spent by an adult.
- Bella Italia - Children eat for £1 with any adult main. The offer is valid 4-6pm Mon to Thurs.
- Marks and Spencer's - Free Kid's Munch Meal when you spend £5 or more on non-kids' food or drink at Marks and Spencer's Cafes
- Travelodge and Premier Inn - Buy 1 Adult Breakfast from just £8.99 and up to two kids eat breakfast for free.
- Sizzling pubs - Every Monday to Friday, 3 - 7pm, kids’ mains are £1 with every adult meal.
- TGI Fridays - Kids eat free when 'Stripes Rewards Members' purchase a full priced adult's main meal (App needed).
- Hungry horse - Kids eat for £1 on Mondays.
- IKEA - Kids get a meal from 95p daily from 11am.
- Whitbread Inns - Two kids under 16 eat for free with every adult breakfast purchased.
- S.A. Brains Pubs - Children can eat for £1 with any adult main. Valid all-day Wednesdays.
- Table Table - Two children under 16 can get a free breakfast every day with one paying adult.
- Pausa Cafe at Dunelm - Kids get 1 mini main, 2 snacks & a drink free with every £4 spend after 3pm.
- YO! Sushi - From Mon 17th of July until Fri 11th of Aug kids eat free with every £10 adult spend.
- Future Inns - Under 5s eat for free with any adult meal.
The information above was sourced from Money Saving Central, click below to see the original article.
The Manchester Caribbean Carnival
12 - 13 August 2023
A team of One Manchester colleagues will be at Manchester Caribbean Carnival celebrating the best of Caribbean culture, music food and heritage.
For us, it’s important to celebrate the communities in which we work, and that’s why every year we take part in the festival. The carnival is an annual festival that brings the Caribbean flavour and revelry to Alexandra Park (Moss Side) every August. Moss Side is an area of Manchester rooted in African and Caribbean history, dating back to seamen and service people settling there after both world wars.
Want to join in the celebrations?
Manchester Pride Parade
26 August 2023
Every year, August bank holiday weekend marks Pride celebrations in Manchester. Over the years, One Manchester colleagues have taken part in the parade to show support and alliance with Pride and everything it stands for.
We’ll be showing our support for the LGBT+ community again this year by taking part in the Manchester Pride parade on Saturday 26 August. This year’s theme is ‘Queerly Beloved’, and the parade will be a celebration of love, community, and self-expression. We’ll be joining forces with HouseProud North West showing our support for the cause by hosting a float as part of the parade celebrations. HouseProud Greater Manchester is a network group for LGBTQ+ people working in social housing.
Come and join in the celebrations!
Loads to do Manchester
July and August 2023
Looking for some free activities to keep the family entertained this summer? The ‘Loads to do’ campaign has collated a list of exciting, fun-packed activities and events taking place, across Manchester, over the coming weeks.
From sports activities, and outdoor adventures, to family events, and arts and crafts workshops, there’s something for everyone!
Our ongoing commitment to dealing with damp and mould
In December 2022, we provided a report to the Regulator of Social Housing on how many of our homes had cases of damp and mould. To date, the majority of repairs have been completed for our customers, making sure your home is a safe and healthy space.Posted 04 Aug 2023