We make a real and long-lasting difference to the people who live in our places. And that’s at the heart of what we stand for: helping up not handing out. We inspire and empower people to get involved and stay involved.
Our work in delivering new homes, social investment and social value, employment and training is recognised nationally.
We’re not just about building and investing in homes. We’re about investing in places, partnerships, community assets and the social economy. Because a home is so much more than the space it occupies. A home is the place and community it belongs to, how it connects to local residents and our great city. This is what One Manchester is all about and what makes this a special place to work.
We connect, collaborate, generate resources and build places. We’re a fantastic organisation made up of passionate and hugely talented people ready to face challenges that lie ahead.
We provide quality homes and shape services that improve people’s lives, bringing further growth and investment into the places where they live.
At the heart of our mission are the people in our places. We actively engage and involve our communities, putting our customers at the centre of our services so they feel a sense of belonging, contribution, influence and are free to make their own choices.
We help people manage their money, find work, start-up businesses and stay healthy and well. We support them when they need us to.
We open up access to all kinds of services that people need to sustain a happy, healthy life:
Our Investors in People Gold Award shows our commitment to every single person that works for One Manchester.
Our culture – of learning, leadership, development, skills for the future and engagement – is perfectly aligned to our ambitious, connected and trustworthy ways of working.
Our people are passionate and engaged. They’re keen to develop themselves. They think creatively. They make sure their work is the best it can be. And we’re really proud of this gold recognition.
We’re a friendly and supportive team. We’re proud of our work. And we’re excited about the future.
We’re so proud of our awards because they validate our work and show that we’re providing a great service to our community. Here are just a few times we’ve been recognised:
• Winner: Most Successful Embedding of Social Value into Procurement – Social Value Awards
• Winner: Best Initiative for Tackling Homelessness (GM Homes Partnership) – Northern Housing Awards
• Winner: Community Achievement Award (Coverdale and Newbank Community Grocer) – 24Housing Awards
• Shortlisted: Landlord of the Year – Northern Housing Awards
• Shortlisted: Organisation Making a Difference in the Community – This is Manchester Awards
• Shortlisted: Outstanding Tenant Engagement – TPAS (Tenant Participation Advisory Service) Awards
• Shortlisted: Homelessness Project of the Year (GM Homes Partnership) – UK Housing Awards
• Shortlisted: Best Green Scheme (Stoney Gate) – 24Housing Awards
• Shortlisted: Communications Team of the Year (Marketing and Insight team) – Housing Heroes
• Shortlisted: Central Service Team of the Year (People Services) – Housing Heroes
• Winner: Gold Award (Health and Wellbeing) – Investors in People
• Winner: Public/Private Partnership of the Year – North West Residential Property Awards
• Shortlisted: Housing Provider of the Year – Building Communities Awards • Shortlisted: Tenant Participation – Building Communities Awards
• Shortlisted: Small Apartment Development of the Year (Baker Place) – North West Residential Property Awards
• Shortlisted: Small Housing Development of the Year (Kingfisher Gardens) – North West Residential Property Awards