To help reduce the spread of coronavirus and following the government’s recommendations, we have paused all non-essential lets.
The government’s guidance explains that essential lets would include:
- supporting victims of domestic abuse and people fleeing other forms of violence
- preventing severe overcrowding
- facilitating move-on from temporary accommodation
- facilitating discharge from hospital to free-up bed space for others requiring care
- supporting those living in unsafe accommodation, or without settled accommodation, which poses a risk to their health
To ensure we can continue to carry out essential lets, our Housing Options team have developed new digital processes that will provide a smooth customer experience whilst also removing the risks caused by face-to-face contact.
We strongly discourage tenants from any mutual exchanges for all but the most essential moves during this time.
For the safety of the community, we won’t be moving tenants who are self-isolating, either because they are symptomatic or someone in their household is symptomatic, for the duration of the isolation.