Timebanking is a way for residents to help others in their community and be rewarded for it - in time. For every hour of time you give helping someone, you receive one ‘time’ credit. It has been hugely successful across the country and is now here in Manchester.
Who can join the Timebank?
Anyone! Age, ability, lack of finance or limited mobility are not barriers to participating in the Timebank. Everyone’s time is valued equally - you give an hour and you get an hour back. Your time credits will be banked on our computer software for you to spend when you need them.
What can you do with your time credits?
You can ‘spend’ your time credits when you need help from someone else. You can give them to another person in your community who needs some help, or you can save them for a later date.
Things to remember
- You may have needs but feel you can offer nothing back - get in touch. We can still help you.
- You don’t have to earn time credits before you spend them - you can ask for help from day one.
- You can donate some of your time credits to others in the community or family members who might need some extra help.
- There is no cash involved.
- Community groups and individuals can sign up to the Timebank, the idea is to build connections in the community so we can all share skills, resources and help each other.
- The Timebank will also be running fun, free activities in partnership with other groups in the local community, so sign up to our mailing list and keep up to date with our progress.
If you would like to sign up to the Timebank, contact our Timebank coordinator, Jenny Winstone by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s a Timebank story from Sheffield Creative Guild who love Timebanking as much as we do!