As the country prepares to head into another lockdown, it is important to understand how to take care of your own mental health.
An expert adviser for the BBC has given her top tips for taking care of yourself, and keeping a feeling of control in your life. They talk about the "Five Cs" of mental health, which are:
- Control - work out what you're in control of and what you're not. We can control some things such as following medical advice like hand washing and social distancing.
- Care - it's important to make sure you are taking care of yourself, things like sleep, exercise and eating well will help with this.
- Continuity - watch the programmes you would watch normally, and try and maintain as much of a sense of normality as you can at the moment.
- Creativity - hobbies like craft, painting, singing, DIY or anything like this will help you keep positive.
- Compassion - kindness to yourself if you're having a difficult day, and kindness to others is really important.
Take a look below at Dr Radha Modgil's advice and see if any of these tips might help you to relieve the mental stress you may be experiencing at the moment.