Did you know that there are 620,000 people living in poverty in Greater Manchester?
Did you know that just £3 (the cost of a meal deal) will help FareShare feed 12 people living in poverty in Manchester?
That’s why we’re getting behind the FareShare GM appeal ‘A packed lunch helps a bunch’. On the 9th October we will be packing our lunches and ditching the meal deal, all to raise money for FareShare in Greater Manchester.
FareShare food reaches 26,000 people a week. In 2018-19 FareShare GM distributed over 3.4 million meal portions and saved over 5,000 tonnes of carbon emissions. The FareShare team now want to grow to become a 7 million meals a year operation by 2021.
We want you to join us and some of Manchester’s top companies, and help us create a movement! You can help in a really simple way.
What you can do
- On 9th October instead of buying your lunch, switch to a packed lunch (or during the whole week)
- To donate £3 (the amount of most meal deals), simply text Meal and the number you want to donate (between £1 and £20) to 70460 e.g. Meal 3 to donate £3.
- Tell your friends and colleagues about the day and encourage them to do the same
- Share the text call to action on Twitter
- Take a photograph of your packed lunch (optional) and add to Instagram using the handle @faresharegm and on Twitter with the handle @FareShareGtrM. Use the hashtags #mcrPackedLunchDay and #packedlunchhelpsabunch (optional)