The Greater Manchester (GM) HouseProud group was set up in 2014 as the network for housing providers to improve the way we engage, support and deliver services to our LGBT+ communities. HouseProud GM has 3 key areas of focus, which are:
- tackling stigma and awareness raising (including joint training opportunities and events)
- developing good practice in supporting our older LGBT+ customers
- creating opportunities for you to tell us what you think which will help us to improve our services to you
The conference is organised by One Manchester and 10 other housing providers who are members of HouseProud. It’s an opportunity for you to hear from a number of key speakers on current issues affecting LGBT+ people. We also want you to tell us what you think about the services we provide and the issues affecting you now and in the future.
Refreshments will be provided throughout the day including a buffet lunch and you will have the chance to talk to us, other residents and LGBT+ organisations who will have stalls on the day.
You will hear from:
- Tara Kelly – HouseProud GM Chair
- Carl Austin-Behan – Previous Lord Mayor of Manchester and now LGBT Adviser to the Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham
- Cath Hall – Albert Kennedy Trust
- Paul Martin - Chief Executive of the LGBT foundation
You will have the chance to tell us:
- what we currently do well
- what we can learn from other organisations
- what we can improve
- what you think you may need from us in the future
The conference is on Thursday 27 February 2020 and registration opens at 9.15am and the main conference will start at 10am and finish around 4pm.
The venue is fully accessible and the conference is being held at:
Hulme Hall Lane
Lord North Street
If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Services team on 0330 355 1000. If you have any specific requirements please let us know when you confirm your interest in attending.