Do you want to be a part of something worthwhile and give back to the community?
Healthy Me Healthy Communities want to build on the success of their community grocers projects, and can’t do it without the help of some wonderful volunteers. They will soon be launching a community grocers in Gorton and are looking for local people who can give as little or as much time as they can in a range of different roles.
What are the benefits to you?
- Increase self-confidence and self-esteem
- Gain experience of working with the public
- Develop retail and customer services skills
- Enhance communication and personal skills
- Valuable experience that can be included on your CV and job applications
- Receive a reference
- Networking opportunities to meet lots of different people
- Out of pocket expenses paid
- Have fun!
To find out more about the grocers and the volunteering roles available come along to these sessions:
Gorton Community Centre
543 Abbey Hey Lane,
Gorton, M18 8PF
Thursday 12 October 2-3pm: Volunteer information session
Friday 13 October 12-1pm: Volunteer information session
The Place at Platt Lane
Fallowfield, M14 7FB
Friday 13 October 10am: Volunteer information session
Friday 20 October 10 -11.30am: Volunteer training taster workshop
12, 13, & 20 October - Gorton & Fallowfield