When booking a repair appointment
- If you're not at home for a pre-arranged appointment, you may be charged a missed appointment fee
- You must be in your home for all of your allocated appointment slot
- We will knock on your door or ring the doorbell so please ensure you have no loud noises such as music and TVs playing
- We will not enter your property if anyone under the age of 16 is there alone or unsupervised
- Pets must be secured so that operatives can reach the property in safety to carry out the work
- Sometimes repairs take several days so you must be available for multiple appointments if necessary
- No smoking please whilst the operative is at the property
When booking a Gas repair appointment
- Make sure the appliance(s) and gas meter can be reached easily
- If you have a card meter there needs to be credit on it for the repair to be carried out
- You will need the manufacturer's instructions for any of your own gas appliances e.g. gas fire, cooker
Missed repair appointments
One Manchester spends a large part of its budget carrying out repairs which need access to homes. Last year, in around 12.5% of cases, our operatives were not able to get in to carry out repairs that had been arranged with our customers.
In 2017/18 we were unable to get in 5780 homes - an average of 481 a month or 22.9 every day. The average cost of a failed appointment is £45 therefore customers failing to be at home for their arranged appointments in the last 12 months cost One Manchester £260,100. In addition, we may have bought special materials for your repair that we can’t use somewhere else.
Please don’t waste money and resources and make sure you are in for your appointment. £260,100 could have provided:
- 180,556 tubes of silicone or
- 4333 showers or
- 30,769 basin taps or
- 10,101 internal doors or
- 7497 smoke alarms
Missed appointment slots could be used by other customers and reduce the waiting time for their repairs. Also, our operatives may have to wait around until attending their next appointment reducing the number of repairs they can complete each day.
Failure to gain access means some emergency and urgent jobs are not completed in a timely manner resulting in further damage to the property.
To ensure you are in for an appointment, we will text you a reminder the day before and again when the operative is on their way. We will knock on your door or ring the doorbell so please make sure you have no loud noises such as music or TV.
Need to re-arrange or cancel?
If you are not able to keep your appointment please call us on 0330 355 1000 to re-arrange or cancel, giving at least 48 hours notice before the appointment date. Also, remember to cancel if the issue you called about has been fixed. If you’re not at home for a pre-arranged appointment you may be charged a missed appointment fee.