One Manchester residents who wish to downsize have two options:
- Register on Manchester Move to be allocated a smaller, empty home
- Exchange homes with another tenant who requires a larger property
If you need support with downsizing your home, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering on Manchester Move
Further details on how to register on Manchester Move are available here.
Manchester residents who would like to downsize to a smaller property will receive priority according to the One Manchester allocations policy.
If you are downsizing by 2 or more bedrooms, or due to welfare reform, you will be classed as a band 1 priority. If you are downsizing by 1 bedroom, you will be classed as a band 3 priority. For a summary of the allocation bands, please click here.
Incentive to move scheme
If you are a band 1 priority, we can offer an incentive to move scheme, which can help with the financial costs of your move. To be eligible for this scheme:
1) A housing options officer will carry out a home visit within 10 working days of receiving a request from a One Manchester tenant to move using the incentive to move scheme to discuss the details of the request with the applicant and assess eligibility.
2) An appropriate manager will approve each application to transfer using the scheme and will also approve all offers of accommodation made to residents using the scheme.
3) All transfer applicants who apply to move using the scheme will be considered providing the tenant meets each of the criteria below:
- holds an assured tenancy
- has no housing related debt at both application and offer stage other than agreed by the Group Director of Communities
- the internal and external of the property is preferably of a ‘same day let’ standard. An appropriate manager has discretion to approve exceptions to this.
- has not breached any conditions of tenancy other than agreed by the Group Director of Communities
- must be willing to allow accompanied viewings by prospective tenants whilst still in occupation
- must be willing to allow contractors of the Group access to carry out any necessary repairs to enable a ‘same day’ let
Exchanging your home
For more information, please see our pages on exchanging your home.
Note: If you can't open PDF documents, download the latest Adobe Reader software.